Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October

a short blog update since it's been too long and I need to do SOMETHING whilst I drink this cup of pre-morning-hike coffee with a splash-o-milk.

Here's what I've been up to.  Working.  All ze time.  When I'm not working I can be found hiking, eating, sleeping and drinking.  Roscoe's been a very good boy recently.  Sometimes we walk to the store and I put all my groceries in his little doggy backpack.

Work is good, less good on days when I come in without enough rest or water.  Hydration is the key to retail.  My evenings have been spent getting free glasses upon glasses of Sangria across the street from work at the new restaurant Bourbon and Beef.  Once I had an excellent dish with wide noodles and braised, tomato-based rabbit on top...

Other nights I come home and strap on my sneakers and take these two crazy dogs out for a running tour of the neighborhood.  We get lost and found again and I always carry a fanny pack full of treats-- and reggaeton.  Then we get home and flop in front of the old Fernseher (TV) and watch dumb movies and re-runs of shows with laugh tracks and I scratch Roscoe's belly, which he likes and I do too.

Work is fast paced for the most part.  Doing a lot of production on the weekends, which means cutting, wrapping and pricing the cheese.  On weekdays we upwrap all the cheese and scrape it for maximum freshness.  Plus we have customers at just about every time of day.  Last night a friend of the family came through around 6 o'clock and mentioned how busy we were.  I laughed.  As it was Monday, that wasn't nearly what I would call busy.

Everyone's told me the holidays are going to be crazy and I'm gearing up.

All the while fantasizing about other things, like going here or living in a tiny little mini-home that can be pulled by a pick up truck, with Roscoe and a goat in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment