Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pouring in Tuscany

It's raining at Spannocchia, and will be for the next week apparently.  I'm just a tad under the weather, and have found myself sleeping close to 10 hours for the past couple nights.  Someone once told me that the time around the change of seasons is when you're most likely to get sick.  Perhaps I'm just sleeping a lot because I've been working a lot.  Whatever the reason may be, it's nice when the outside matches the inside.  I look forward to having a very cozy Sunday.  Tomorrow there are chances of rain, the internet tells me, but today it will be torrential with possible lightening.  Very exciting.

Yesterday we went to a town called Volterra, which everyone was rather psyched about because of its association with the Twilight series.  I frankly don't get the obsession.  It was fun driving the van through the hilly hillsides and into this small city that was absolutely from another century.  I'll post pictures soon.  We had a delicious and heavy lunch at a little restaurant that buys our pigs.  Again, it was satisfying to eat spaghetti carbonara with meat from the pigs I feed...and castrate.

Water is really coming out of the sky now, and any vague plans I had to hike or bike today and certainly cancelled.  The plan is to hunker down and finish my book, then hopefully do some drawings and send some notes in the mail.  ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment